For a change of pace from the usual lunch fare, try some spicy and sweet mango relish, also known as manga mulagupottichathu (). It’s commonplace at my mom’s house to make chutney, sauces, and relish, which are used to spruce up simple dishes. When it comes to mango chutney, it’s almost impossible to go a day without it. Simple to cook with ripe mangoes, Manga Mulagupottichathu is delicious.
- 1 mango that is fully ripe
- 1-teaspoon flakes of hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp. of organic coconut oil
- Salt to the discerning palate
- The more messed up the mangoes, the better.
- Add the flakes of ice, salt, and coconut and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the flavor over plain, steaming rice, stir with your bare hands, and savour the taste of summer just before monsoon batters Kerala’s coastlines.